I made a healthy shamrock (shake) smoothie and it’s even better than what you grew up having every year at McDonald’s! There are two ways to get your smoothie the color of green that says St. Patrick’s Day…green food coloring or multigreen capsules and spinach. I think you already know where this is going!
Recipe for 2 servingsPrint
☘️A healthy Shamrock (shake) Smoothie☘️
Remember every year having a Shamrock shake at McDonald’s? Even if you didn’t have one, you probably know about them. This is way better and it’s good for you too!
- 2 small bananas (frozen works great)
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 scoops of vanilla collagen protein powder (this is what makes it sweet)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 4 capsules multigreens, opened
- 1/4–1/2 cup almond milk or oat milk
- 2 drops peppermint vitality oil
- Top with a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips
- Blend everything in a high-powered blender until smooth, add a little ice and blend again until super smooth.
- Pour into two 8 ounce glasses and add a few mini chocolate chips. The peppermint vitality essential oil and the chocolate chips make it extra delicious and it feels like a treat even though you are getting your greens for the day!
I use a Ninja Nutri Pro blender which is very inexpensive and it works great!
The Ingredients including Multigreen Capsules
Many recipes I use were adapted from an e-book I downloaded from the adorable Maddie Castellano in Hawaii!
You may also like this post. I also used multigreens in my smoothie açaí bowl for an extra serving of greens!
Read this post for more information on why we love using essential oils and the supplements from Young Living.