Easy Summer Barbecue menu + DIY citronella candle
- one cup rhubarb cut into 1/4” pieces
- one cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- one stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Toss the rhubarb and strawberries with the sugar, cornstarch and rose water, mix well and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides a few times as you go.
- With the mixer on very low speed, slowly add the flour. Mix just unti there is no more dry ingredients, being careful not to overtax/
- Add in the rolled oats and mix together. Sprinkle on top breaking it up as you spread on top of the strawberry rhubarb mixture. It’s fine if there’s some mixture shows through.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is just starting to turn a pale golden color.
- Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream, gelato or whipped cream.