This post gets pinned, re-pinned, posted and linked more than any other project I have done. In fact, I recently sold the photo of my original paper bag advent calendar to an Austrian Magazine. So, I thought why not re-make it with a little tweaking and updating. I think my favorite thing about this project was the surprise that I discovered as the first few days went by and cards started filling the mailbox. The empty spots from the bags holding little presents became the perfect spot to display all of the beautiful Christmas cards with photos. My favorites always seem to be the tinyprint Christmas cards.
I used a 4′ x 4′ plywood board from Home Depot and painted it with chalkboard paint. I attached three pieces of sisal rope (also from Home Depot) using a glue gun. This time I used my Sharpie water based paint pen instead of actual chalk. I used white standard size lunch bags. I filled my glass jars that I bought at Rogers Garden a million years ago, but they pretty much have the same ones at places like Michaels with sweets from Trader Joe’s. I wrapped black and white buffalo checked fabric squares around my tiny trees from the grocery store. The great thing about this huge chalkboard is that I can use it for other things….like a quote for Thanksgiving, maybe.
- 6 simple ways to refresh your home for spring
- Why We Love Our New Solo Stove
- Make This Easy Tuscan Winter Soup
- How to host a dinner party in a small apartment
- Some Last minute gift ideas and a festive focaccia bread
- A little inspiration from Leanne Ford
- Thieves: Everyone’s favorite household cleaner
- The Best Carrot Cake Recipe from Buvette in NYC
- Serena & Lily favorites + 2 Ways to style a bar cart
- A visit to a NYC plant store/coffee shop + houseplant care
- We sold our house!
- Kerri Rosenthal Art Interiors & Lifestyle + Friday Favorites
Leave a Reply