Tomato Basil Bruschetta
The perfect summer meal. It’s colorful and fresh and can be an appetizer or a meal.
- Prep Time: 10 + one hour
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- a handful each of red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and add in the mined garlic. Sauté for a minute or two until the garlic becomes golden, but not browned.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add in the sliced cherry or grape tomatoes and toss with garlic and oil.
- Add 8-10 whole basil leaves and salt and pepper.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze and toss together adding a little more olive oil if it seems dry.
- Let stand at room temperature for about an hour so the flavors combine.
- Grill bread slices brushed with a little olive oil.
- Remove from grill and top with tomato mixture.
- Add a chiffonade of fresh basil and serve.
If you are serving as a main course you can use larger bread and serve along side a salad. For appetizers I use baguette slices.